Graffiti is an art that represents diverse expressions and embellishes a wide range of vibrant hues. It looks like a chaotic vision of scribbled writings and drawings, but from an artist’s perspective, it exhibits an impressive art of complexity and fine details. Despite of artist’s skills and creativity, the other ingredient that makes graffiti art outshine is the best graffiti markers.
Choosing the best graffiti markers doesn’t only require brand and color range, but the ink type, size of the tip, color opaqueness, durability, and versatility also matters. There are different types of markers available, but you must know which one is the best among others and which type complements your style. Don’t stress out because we’re here to help, especially if you’re new to this game. We’ll discuss the features one should look for while purchasing good graffiti markers and recommend the top picks you would check out.
Aspects of best Graffiti markers:
- Color range and Opacity:
There are multiple brands available that offer a wide color collection. As a beginner, you must go for the basic or large sets. Whatever color range you choose, it’s important to consider the color quality. The Opacity of markers will beautify the artwork by highlighting and preserving its colors for longer.
- Design and Tip Size:
Tip size helps in consistent laps level, lines, and precision when drawing and writing something. It will also determine the ease of using and holding the markers. The most common tip design for graffiti markers is a bullet and chisel. As you know, graffiti is all about merging fine and bold lines. Therefore it’s essential to consider which tip design one must use.
Graffiti usually shows shaded or highlighted borders to give a 3D look. Therefore you must think of ultra-tip to create crisp and clean lines, artistic shading and outlining, and intricate details while buying markers.
Some artists like to use canvas, wood, fabric, metal, etc., to exhibit their creativity and art, but many uses paper, walls, or similar surfaces for the same purpose. If you do the same, you should search for markers that can use them on various surface types. Fortunately, many brands consider this requirement and make it accordingly without overlooking the hue quality and overall performance.
- Ink Type:
The hue quality directly associates with the ink type. The marker’s pigmentation says all about the quality and its formulation. Under the roof of ink type, there are two common types of graffiti markers, one is oil-based, and the other one is water-based. Both are amazing in their ways and give promising results.
- Drying Time:
Another feature you must determine is the drying time of markers, as many artists like to add several coats to get the gradient effect. Luckily many brands use quick-drying ink that lets you apply multiple coats instantly.
Top 5 best Graffiti Markers Available online:
Check out our list of best graffiti markers available on eBay in a most amazing way:
Product Specification: Fade and water resistant, permanent, opaque, quickly dries, 15mm round tip, available in several colors.
Price: US $63 on eBay
- Artist’s number 1 choice for hitting clean and smooth tags, introduced by NY-based graffiti artist KR. Krink K-60 is designed to provide the perfect solution for graffiti artists to create the best vibrant tags on street walls.
- Easy to control and carry, durable 15mm round tip, the good graffiti markers flow flawlessly on smooth and rough surfaces.
- All the colors create eye-catching artwork, especially silver, red, and black.
- Shake the markers well before using them, as it will separate the pigments and give you the best results.
- These markers come with a mixing ball inside, which makes it easy to blend pigments easier.
- Easy to refill the markers.
- Highly pigmented.
- Smooth and easy to carry and control top.
- Provide maximum Opacity.
- Gives long-lasting results
- Vibrant paint formula.
- Quite pricey.
- It can be messy.
Product Specification: Water-based, highly pigmented, high coverage, water resistant, Refillable, Replacement tip.
Price: US $73.81 on eBay
- Its Soft square tip and smooth-flowing ink cover a large area instantly, and each stroke creates vivid and solid colors.
- Working best on thin and thick strokes enable artists to draw with great precision and control.
- Markers use water-based, nontoxic ink that gives deep and rich colors.
- These markers can be diluted with water and used with traditional acrylic paint. It is refillable if the ink runs out.
- It is waterproof and has the property to resist scratches and fading.
- It gives highly pigmented hues that are fade and scratch resistant.
- Blend with acrylic paints and mixed media.
- Ink flows seamlessly and covers larger areas.
- Uses a water base, refillable and nontoxic ink.
- Quite pricey.
Product Specification: Versatile, water-based, opaque, vibrant, nontoxic, quick-drying, bullet tip.
Price: US $35 on eBay
- These graffiti pen markers are of the best quality, and the ink doesn’t blend even if used on paper. Suitable for work and other craft surfaces.
- It has reversible nibs that maximize durability.
- Water-soluble ink makes it easy to blend and layer to create unique colors.
- The opaque matte texture gives a professional touch to your art.
- The non-toxic and instant ink drying makes it versatile (it can be applied on multiple surfaces).
- The box has nine colors which blend perfectly and create new colors.
- Create 3D paintings.
- Reversible tip.
- Water soluble inks.
- Blend and layer well.
- Instant drying.
- Suitable for multiple surfaces.
- Take quite a while to prime for the first time use.
Product Specification: High pigmentation, permanent formula, chisel tip 8mm, unpleasant odor, wide colors.
Price: US $37 on eBay
- Best graffiti markers for papers for decades.
- Best chisel tip marker; the tip size is 8mm, ideal for graffiti.
- Used to make skinner tags if angled from the top and wider tags at an angle.
- Suitable for both small and big spaces.
- PX-30 has a wide color range, especially silver, which is one of the best silver markers.
- If you want to create old but gold-silver tags that outshine any surface, you need to buy this Uni Paint PX-30.
- Refillable and replaceable.
- Highly opaque,
- Vibrant paint formula.
- A strong odor is especially inappropriate for indoor use.
Product Specification: Solid Marker, Quickly dries, odorless, broad stroke, versatile.
Price: US $52.85 on eBay
- Solid graffiti paint marker is a must-have tool for every graffiti artist.
- It’s like an adult crayon. Have a concentrated paint formula so it can be used on every surface without a nib.
- An incredibly versatile choice for graffiti writers to create vivid split markers for graffiti.
- Less messy than normal liquid paint markers.
- These markers are odorless.
- Produce wide and skinny tags at different angles. For big tags, you need to put more pressure.
- Less vibrant than liquid markers.
- Unlike liquid paint markers, they are odorless.
- Give the best results on smooth surfaces.
- No risk of leaking.
- It can’t be refilled.
- Not recommended for rough surfaces.
Finding the best graffiti markers might require extra effort, but with the five significant factors mentioned above, it will be easier for you to choose the best one. We have also discussed our top 5 picks that we highly recommend for newbies or professionals.